Thursday, May 28, 2009

One of the Tribes

I came across the Deer Tribe Metis Medicine Society and it took me back to my days of traveling around North America, occasionally dropping by various Rainbow Gatherings around the country. It was a carefree couple of years for me as a roaming spiritual warrior at the turn of the millennium, and my life was very much in tune with the vision of the Deer Tribe Metis Medicine Society, which promotes "Beauty, Power, Knowledge and Freedom for all."

I have left that life for now, though it lingers in my memory and will always be a part of me. I try still to remember the way the Spirit guided me on my various paths. Especially I recall the inner voice that led me to a library in Santa Cruz, California, where I met my wife. At times these days I feel as if I have become spiritually adrift, as my life now revolves around caring for the material needs of my family, and especially for my three children. In this material world in which we live, organizations such as the
Deer Tribe Metis Medicine Society can offer comfort and direction, much as that of my own spiritual journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment