Thursday, September 10, 2009

Gina Penzarella: Dressing Others for Success

I came across Gina Penzarella, who lives in the LeHigh Valley that cuts a swathe through northeastern Pennsylvania and northwestern New Jersey. I lived in New Jersey for a year, where I spent a year at Trenton State College in Trenton. I got a chance to travel around the area a bit, and we camped in the mountains above the Lehigh Valley in northern New Jersey.

Gina Penzarella has an entrepreneurial spirit. I saw that right away. She has a boutique dress shop in Easton, PA which right across the Delaware River from New Jersey. She offers personal service and an inventory reminiscent of New York City, from where she comes, for all manner of special occasions, from weddings to proms. One thing I found particularly interesting is that she will only sell one dress per high school, so that no one at a school's prom will be wearing the same style of dress. That in itself I found to be a very unique approach to customer service.


Besides the dresses, Gina Penzarella is also quite the gardener, and I found a blog written by her on the topic. I would wager too that she would get along with both my mother in law and wife, who are both aficionados of preserving plant and animal life.


No comments:

Post a Comment